Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) http://www.icanig.org was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:.
- Determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
- Secure in accordance with the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practise as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
- Perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act.As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In fulfilling it mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
ISACA was incorporated by individuals who recognized a need for a centralized source of information and guidance in the growing field of auditing controls for computer systems. Today, ISACA serves 140,000 professionals in 180 countries. http://www.isaca.org
A significant benefit of an ISACA membership is participation in a local chapter which provides professional education, training and networking opportunities.
Institute of Risk Management (IRM)
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM) https://www.theirm.org was founded in April 1986 to meet growing demand for a diploma course in risk management. It was one of the first such qualifications with universal benefit for students working in risk management in any sector, whether in industry, commerce, academia or elsewhere.
IRM’s aims are to provide:
- Recognition: Provide internationally recognised qualifications and courses for risk professionals throughout their careers
- Knowledge: Promote the value of excellence in risk management to employers, regulators, government and external stakeholders.
- Networking: Deliver virtual and face-to-face opportunities for the risk community to share information, experiences and learning.
- Career support: Provide career-long support to help members develop their professional profile and improve their skills .
IRM is a company limited by guarantee, a not-for-profit organisation governed by a board of directors. Any surplus generated by our activities goes back into the development of risk management education and continuing professional development work
Risk Managers Association of Nigeria (RIMAN)
Risk Managers Association of Nigeria (RIMAN) http://www.rimanng.org/ formally known as Credit Risk Managers Association was founded on 29th March 2000 as a foremost non-profit association established to promote best practices and advocacy in risk management and related disciplines in Nigeria.
RIMAN provides distinct and value-added services by a pool of industry experts and seasoned professionals and seeks to ensure that hindrances and challenges are tackled to enhance performance and achieve set targets and objectives. RIMAN sets national standard in Professional designation with the CRM certification through RIMAN's on-going Certification programme and Mandatory Continuing Professional Education (MCPE).
Currently, all the Commercial Banks, all Discount Houses, Merchant Banks, Development Banks, Non-Financial Institutions, various Primary Mortgage Institutions, and Micro-Finance Banks are members. Individuals were admitted as members from 2006 and this membership category has grown considerably.
RIMAN collaborates with regulatory authorities in policy advancement to ensure best practices in the financial and non-financial industries. Over the years, RIMAN has been involved in continuous provision of capacity building platform for organizations. The track record of excellent workshops, seminars, conferences, training, etc is well known.
PKF Professional Services
PKF Professional Services (Known at various times as Pannell Fitzpatrick & Co., Pannell Kerr Forster and Pannell Awobo Yusufu & Co.) is a member firm of PKF International network.
PKF International Limited (PKFI) administers the PKF network of legally independent member firms. There are around 300 member firms and correspondents in 440 locations in around 125 countries providing accounting and business advisory services. PKFI member firms have around 2,200 partners and more than 22,000 staff.
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Established in 1941, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) https://global.theiia.org is an international professional association with global headquarters in Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA. The IIA is the internal audit profession's global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator. Members work in internal auditing, risk management, governance, internal control, information technology audit, education, and security.
The mission of The Institute of Internal Auditors is to provide dynamic leadership for the global profession of internal auditing. Activities in support of this mission will include, but will not be limited to:
- Advocating and promoting the value internal audit professionals add to their organizations.
- Providing comprehensive professional educational and development opportunities, standards and other professional practice guidance, and certification programs.
- Researching, disseminating, and promoting knowledge concerning internal auditing and its appropriate role in control, risk management, and governance to practitioners and stakeholders.
- Educating practitioners and other relevant audiences on best practices in internal auditing.
- Bringing together internal auditors from all countries to share information and experiences.
Our sister Company
JV CONSULT is a leading indigenous HR/Educational Consulting firm with competent, dedicated and experienced staff. We are dedicated to promoting standard by employing the use of best practices and strategies in Educational sector to achieve the organizational goals.
We offer the following services:
- Recruiting (teaching and non- teaching staff)
- Training (Montessori, IGCSE, Phonics, Soft skills; Interpersonal relationship in the school system, effective school management, managing teaching and learning process, etc.)
- Staff Audit and Assessment (Classroom Observation, Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Motivational Talks for the Students.
To become the leading Human Resource and Educational consulting firm hence, adding superior value to our clients